Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Wacky Wednesday: Origami Money お金の折り紙


Here's a funny little website I found on a fresh spin on origami. Hasegawa Yosuke uses internationl banknotes instead of traditional washi (和紙) paper. As you can see, his style is to whimsically isolate the face of whatever national figure is found on the note (nice hat
Khomeini!). Check out the website for more examples. I wish I could tell you more, but my computer didn't have support the particular Japanese font Hasegawa-san used on his site; so instead of gibberish I only partially understand, it was gibberish that noone could understand. Oh...and if that whet you appetite for far eastern paper folding techniques check out this New Yorker article on physicist-turned- origami master Robert Lang.

1 comment:

Kat said...

You know, we've been woeful weeks now without your daily diatribe. I demand my daily dose of awkward alliteration!!