Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Bored

Now that I have NOTHING to do I've reached a level of boredom heretofore unknown. I've been trying to fill my time with lots of going to the gym and trying to teach myself HTML/CSS/JavaScript with varying degrees of success.

I've also been catching up on old episodes of 'Chuck' that I had missed. The show is sooo good...thank god it got renewed for a third season. It's an odd thing, it's not superbly well written like Mad Men, brutally real like The Wire, crazy funny like Arrested Development, or action packed like BSG, it's just amazingly entertaining and watchable.

The music is also pretty awesome on the show. The show's theme song is by Cake, they've had songs by The National and several by Bon Iver. Hell, one of the shows I just watched had a plot point that revolved around 'Tom Sawyer' by Rush. They've also used not ONE, not TWO, but THREE! songs by Huey Lewis and the News.

Then again, there's only so much web development self study and addictive TV can do to chase boredom away. Looking forward to being home for a few weeks then off to Columbia to learn me some architecture.

No comments: